February 01, 2006

Home Sweet Home

This was ours.

100_0092016

We were born on this compost heap, year after year, lived and died on it. Remember me, Thible from the petting zoo, the one who played with your children all day? That’s me on the left with the white spot on my nose.

Sign

I just wanted to say that I won’t be able to come back and play with you this year.

100_0405165

That’s me again, with my mom and my sister on the right, the afternoon before we left in a big trailer. They sold me, Lucy, my mom, my sister and lots more of us at a livestock auction where people buy us to eat or breed. My friend couldn’t walk very well so she went in the trailer, too.

100_0403163

Her mom needed some pills before she was born and she needed some when we were growing up. Her brothers and sisters died when they were little. I guess they needed some, too.

Post a Comment